Our mission is to empower the Asian American community to advance social justice and collective liberation.
- Liberation is defined as the respected, represented, celebrated, nourished, and
- resourced existence of all communities.
- We know the Asian American community is vast and nuanced. We intersect with other identities, all of which are valuable to the Asian American experience.
- Because we are not a monolith, we know responses to our needs cannot be monolithic.
- We lead with equity– meaning we practice inclusivity, recognize impact, and prioritize those closest to the pain.
- Community organizations, trusted leaders, and members who serve in their unique communities and who share in identity and lived experiences are the best to inform and develop solutions to their own justice and liberation.
- We strive to build relationships with organizations, leaders and community members, and amplify these identities and experiences.
- We challenge the systems and interventions that have been and continue to be harmful to our communities. We know there is a way to reimagine systems and solutions that align with these values and work for not just us, but everyone.
- We believe in abundance– we do not accept the notion that there aren’t enough resources for all to be liberated.